RECOMMENDED SOLUTION: 99% of the time this is due to user error when importing the tracks back into rekordbox. Follow these simple steps to check that you are doing the right thing:
Make sure that you’re running at least rekordbox 4.1.1.
Make sure that the rekordbox XML bridge shows in the rekordbox browser (underneath Playlists and iTunes).
If not, go to Preferences->Layout and make sure rekordbox XML is selected.
- Make sure that ‘Imported Library’ in the Advanced->Database rekordbox xml preferences does point to the default location. To make sure just delete the path in the field and it will replace it with the default.
- Then go to the Rekordbox browser and under ‘rekordbox xml’, click on ‘All Tracks’.
- Find a track the you know has cue points in the pane on the right and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Import To Collection’ in the menu. Do you get any dialog like this one:
- If you don’t, right click on the track again and select ‘Import To Collection’. Make sure you get the dialog then.
These are the only valid steps to import tracks back into rekordbox. Dragging tracks from the iTunes bridge, drag and dropping from the desktop, or anything else will not import the metadata generated by Rekord Buddy (cue points, beat grid, etc…)